Instagram is considered one of the most popular social media apps to date. But sadly enough, there is no Windows app to download Instagram on PC. You can always view Instagram via a web browser but not upload any picture or video through it. Instagram only allows the official app to upload your best pictures online. And that limitation makes the app one of the most downloaded app on both Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a mobile internet-based social media and sharing app. It caters mainly to personal images and short clips of its users and shares it worldwide via its platform. The user can also use their images privately if they choose to do so.
Instagram was first seen in October 2010 exclusively for iOS operating systems. Two years later, it became available for the Android operating system and was acquired by Facebook at the same year.
Instagram on PC
Not all people that use Instagram are fans of smartphone devices. Some just want to spend their time on their Windows machines. And since Instagram is limited to mobile versions to use all its features, utilizing the social media app to its full potential is a challenge.
Luckily, there is always a workaround for that issue. There is a way to install Instagram on your PC with all its features intact.
Download Instagram on PC
- The first thing you have to do is you have to prepare and boot up your Windows PC. Open your browser and download an Android emulator app, You can download bluestacks from bluestacksguides or the NOX app player. But since BlueStacks is a bit heavier on the system, we will go for the NOX app player. Besides, NOX app player is also optimized for Android gaming experience. So you will have more advantage in using the NOX emulator.
- Once you have done downloading your preferred Android emulator, run and install it on your PCs local drive.
- After the installation, launch the emulator and sign in using your Google email account. This is required since you cannot access the Play Store without logging in your Gmail.
- Search for the Instagram app and install.
- Once you have the Instagram app on your list of apps, then you can view, upload, and enjoy the social media platform right away.
See how easy that was? If you want more apps from the Android operating system that is not available on Windows machine, you can use the emulator as much as you want. As long as your system’s local drive can handle it, by all means, install away.
Note: Following this same method you can also download awesome apps like hotstar for pc very easily.